PAINT THIS: Subtle Stripes
Make a bold stripe pattern easy-to-live with by choosing soft and subtle colors. Transform a bland entryway into a statement space that welcomes guests and sparks lively conversation right when they enter the door!
What you will need:
- 1 gallon Water Droplet | 0503 Premium Eggshell
- 1 qt Ocean Crest | 0502 Premium Eggshell
- 2 3/8” roller covers, handles, and trays
- Drop cloth
- Tape measure
1. Choose 2 colors that are the same shade, just slightly different in value. Paint your entire wall with the darker color, in our case with Water Droplet | 0503. This will act as the base coat for the stripes.
2. With a tape measure or ruler, make tick marks every 12 “on your wall, starting up from the bottom. A roller cover frame is 9” wide, so there will be approx. 3” between the stripes.With the level and pencil, draw horizontal lines across the wall, using the tick marks as a guide.
3. Get your paint set up ready with Ocean Crest | 0502. Starting at the bottom of the wall, use the edge of the roller to follow along the pencil lines. Don’t worry about being perfect or getting solid coverage. You can always go back and touch up if needed. We did just one coat for the stripes to have an intentionally soft look.
4. Let dry, style, and enjoy! You are ready to welcome guests to your beautiful home!